- This event has passed.
Volunteer Packing Session – Evening- Hill Center – Weekend Survival Kits
April 10 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree
April is National Volunteer Month. Volunteers keep our organization going and growing. We simply could not do this important work without you! That is why during the volunteer packing sessions this month we will celebrate you, our volunteers at the Hill Center in Lansing!
FIRST TIME AT VOLUNTEER PACKING SESSION? Welcome! Here is what you need to know:
- We need to have your Liability and Photo Release form filled out before you volunteer the first time. Please click the link and download the form to fill it out. Please read carefully and print the information requested. (Minor children 16 and under can be included on the form of one of the parent or guardian in attendance.) Checking in at the beginning of any volunteer packing session is a busy time, please plan on coming a few minutes early to hand in your form(s) and get a chance to decide what jobs you will do.
- You only need to fill out the release form once, we will scan it and keep it on file. Checking in at any future dates simply requires your signature.
- If you are thinking of bringing a group of 7 or more volunteers, pre-registration is required. Please contact the site coordinator to schedule a date.
- Please complete your volunteer experience by filling out the online Volunteer Hours Tracking form. It takes just a few minutes and means so much to us! You can do this right from your smart phone, tablet or laptop. Families with minor children in attendance, add up your family hours for the date, and make a note in the comments section with #of adults and children. You can also go back and fill in the form for past dates of volunteer sessions or activities.
- Any general questions about volunteering, please feel free to email or call your volunteer site!
To Find Your Way to the Packing Session
Please Note: Enter in the North entrance off Wise Road and follow the driveway to the rear entrance near the loading dock. Kit packing assembly will be held in the hallway inside and to the right of the entrance.Questions: Call Allie at 517-999-2894 or email
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
PRINTABLE CALENDAR OF NWI PACKING SESSIONS