- This event has passed.
Volunteer Packing Session – Evening – Howell
February 14 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Welcome to the February Volunteer Packing Session for Weekend Survival Kits! In honor of Valentine’s Day, this month we encourage you to be on the lookout for someone you know who needs a hug (…or a fist bump)! We are calling it Hug a Helper month. Hugs can be a sign of love or affection and they can also be a thank you for your efforts; an I’m proud of you; a sorry about that; or just because! Since we have been hosting the volunteer packing sessions, we have noticed how the bonds of friendship continue to grow, especially among the regular volunteers. Our team members always leave the session feeling enriched by all the wonderful people like you who offer support for this very important mission. Consider yourself virtually hugged! Thank you for your service.
As a Weekend Survival Kits volunteer, there is no better option than to help pack weekend food kits for local school kids. Weekend Survival Kits is active in five counties, serving nearly 4000 school kids.This year our focus is two-fold, first – increasing the number of children participating in the schools we are currently serving by reaching out to school communities and the school staff to educate and engage. Our second focus is on our volunteers and enhancing their experience. Volunteering is a very important part of the model and makes it possible for us to continue to grow to meet the needs of children. Seriously, “Giving Hope to Hungry Kids” is our motto – will you help?
To put the upcoming packing sessions (which is a great way to begin volunteering for Weekend Survival Kits, and make a difference in your community) click on the image of the calendar to download the 2018-19 School year calendar for the Howell area schools.
FIRST TIME AT VOLUNTEER PACKING SESSION? Welcome! Here is what you need to know:
- We need to have your Liability and Photo Release form filled out before you volunteer the first time. Please click the link and download the form to fill it out. Please read carefully and print the information requested. (Minor children 16 and under can be included on the form of one of the parent or guardian in attendance.) Checking in at the beginning of any volunteer packing session is a busy time, please plan on coming a few minutes early to hand in your form(s) and get a chance to decide what jobs you will do.
- You only need to fill out the release form once, we will scan it and keep it on file. Checking in at any future dates simply requires your signature.
- If you are thinking of bringing a group of 7 or more volunteers, pre-registration is required. Please contact the site coordinator to schedule a date.
- Please complete your volunteer experience by filling out the online Volunteer Hours Tracking form. It takes just a few minutes and means so much to us! You can do this right from your smart phone, tablet or laptop. Families with minor children in attendance, add up your family hours for the date, and make a note in the comments section with #of adults and children. You can also go back and fill in the form for past dates of volunteer sessions or activities.
- 5. Any general questions about volunteering, please feel free to email or call your volunteer site!
If you are a regular volunteer, THANK YOU! Be sure to take a look at our website to learn how to track your volunteer hours. This is important to us so we can acknowledge your service appropriately. In addition, by having your volunteer data online we can create reports of ALL VOLUNTEERS to share with funders. https://weekendsurvivalkits.org/track-activity/
If you have any questions about volunteering in Howell for Weekend Survival Kits email Kristie@weekendsurvivalkits.org
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
PRINTABLE COPY OF CALENDAR