This is a Covid 19 Safety update from Weekend Survival Kits. From the beginning of this school year we have been blessed with a spacious situation in the 2|42 Church Community Center. As we began to pack food kits we have found it important to make some significant changes to our past routines for the ultimate safety of our volunteers, and ourselves!
- We quickly learned that the large assembly line process presented too many opportunities to encroach on the social distancing protocol. As an added safety measure, WSK is encouraging family groups to work in their own designated space. Family groups have the benefit of not having to be concerned about cross-contamination.
- We begin every session with a safety check-in which includes verification of absence of symptoms, temperature check, masks available if needed, hand sanitizer and wipes to maintain clear areas and surfaces.
- Our expectation is that masks will be worn in an appropriate manner for the entire volunteer process.
- Utilizing the entire building creates the assurance that volunteers are spread-out and appropriately distanced.
- The packing sessions are staggered to allow multiple sessions in one day with fewer people per session.
- To limit unnecessary interactions, drivers picking-up kits for delivery stay in their car while other volunteers load the car. All wearing masks.
7. If you have signed up and have any concern about your current personal health or vulnerability, please do not come to the volunteer session. Call or email as soon as you can so alternates can be engaged.
Weekend Survival Kits is grateful for all the help and support we have received from volunteers. We look forward to the day when we can safely relax the safety protocols. Until that time, please be safe and stay safe! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact, Kyla Parkllan at email@example.com